It is great to indulge in a gardening as a hobby or profession. No, matter what type you choose, Gardening always has been a refreshing experience. However, the level of efficiency and effectiveness in your gardening works depends upon the tools you use. One important gardening tool that secures a safe place in your gardening kits is “Hand Pruning Shears”.
“Hand Pruning Shears” are commonly known as prunes and are of great use in trimming, shaping, chopping off dead and damaged foliage and small branches and also in cutting perennials. It comes handy in major gardening chores and hence having your hands on the best hand pruning shears becomes essential.
The market is full of different types of prunes. While most of them can cut up to .75 inches, but there are some that are able to cut up to 1 inch. Choosing the best hand pruning shear becomes critical. However, it is very easy for one to get confused and end up with something disastrous. But, Fret not!! Here we present you a list the best hand pruning shears in the market to make your job easier:
Power Drive Ratchet Anvil Hand Pruning Shears
One of the marvels of mechanical engineering, the Power Drive Ratchet Anvil Hand Pruning Shears – 5x More Cutting Power Than Conventional Garden Tree Clippers is indeed a must have tool if you love gardening. It offers you effortless cutting, thanks to its ratchet oriented cutting mechanism. The ratchet installed in the pruner makes cutting through thick substances easier and effortless. The simple mechanism behind its smooth functionality is stepped wise cutting rather than cutting off at once. The steel blades used in manufacturing this tool are super strong and will last long without sharpening again and again. A fine coating of Teflon over the blades keeps them safe from any residue or sap while cutting. You do not have to struggle to withhold and usability of the prune as it is made keeping in mind the comfort of the user. This is the reason that its ergonomic design exerts no pressure on the wrist and requires a minimum pressure to work effectively. Some other striking features of the tool includes:
- The ratcheting mechanism used in the making of this tool intensifies the pressure exerted by your hand to five times.
- Ratcheting mechanism also helps you by reducing the straining on your hands. You have to apply optimal pressure without any extra stress on your wrist to cut thickest of the surfaces.
- The blades used in the making do not wear off easily and require bare minimum upkeep to stay in shape for a long interval of time.
- The tool comes with the assurance of Gardenite which means that the chances of you facing a trouble while using the tool are negligible.
- Dimensions: 10 inches x 3.4 inches x 1 inches.
- Weight: 8 Ounce
- Guarantee: Manufacturer guarantee of customer satisfaction associated.
ClassicPRO Titanium Pruning Shears –
The striking design of this hand pruning spruce is assured to make you fall in love with it. The Classic Pro Titanium Pruning shear is equally sturdy and is employed with sharp titanium blades. These blades enable great performance and make your toughest of the gardening jobs easier. The titanium coating not only accentuates the sharpness but it also effects in lowering the friction and thus adds years to the prunes life. It is quoted as the best hand pruning shear because of its impeccable design that is made keeping in mind the level of comfort while using. Th handles have absorbing shock pads that minimize the level of strain on your hands and wrists. It also has inbuilt sap grooves that ensure the blades are clean while in use as they slide the extra sap off the blades. The aluminum handles also offer longevity to the product and extra ease of use to the user. Here are some other features of the product that make it the best hand pruning shear in the market:
- The prune has pre-installed bypass that helps in cleaning the debris off the shear.
- The aluminum handles with shock resistant coating makes this tool apt for intensive users and also for those who suffer from arthritis.
- The prune comes with a micrometric adjustable system that allows the user to make manual adjustments of the cutting blades as per the task in hand.
- The blades are sharp enough to cut through wood and effective enough to cut delicate wines and twigs.
- Dimensions: 10.9 inches x 3.4 inches x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 9 Ounce
- Guarantee: Manufacturer guarantee of 100% customer satisfaction associated.
PROFESSIONAL PRUNING SHEARS –
If you like compact and effective tools, this one is the exact match to your choices. The Professional Pruning Shears is a great possession to add to your gardening kit today. It is great for trimming stems and branches of all types. The blade is neat and with sharp edges, committed to delivering you excellence in your work. The handles of the pruners are anti-slip and hence you do not lose your grip while working on your sturdiest of the jobs. No matter you are a gardener, hobby enthusiast, florist or scraper, it is a great tool for all. The ergonomic design of this tool lessens the stress on your hands and wrists and offer you comfortable working for longer hours. The blades of the pruner are made from tough stainless steel and are easy to maintain and upkeep. Whether you are using it yourself for considering it as a gift option, it qualifies each and every criterion to come out as the best hand pruning shears. Here are some additional features of this striking and compact pruner:
- The pruner is claimed to be failure free as it is well tried and tested to last for years.
- The latch of the pruner does not rust or breaks off even after regular or occasional use.
- The blades are easy to sharpen but you won’t find the need of sharpening them till many years to come.
- The handle of the pruner is put to use by right handed or left handed people and deliver equally effective results.
- It comes with a holster hence the chances of you losing is are minimum.
- Dimensions: 8.5 inches x 3 inches x 2 inches
- Weight: 10.4 Ounce
- Guarantee: Manufacturer also offers 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Planted Perfect Pruning Shears – 8″ Hardened Steel Gardening Hand Pruners
Made in an elegant black color and blessed with a striking design the Planted perfect Pruning Shears are a great buying option. They are approved to be long-lasting and durable by the manufacturers as well as the users of this product. Every time you use this product it cuts with same finesse and effectiveness. The handles have an anti-grip sheath that makes them easy to use. Also, there are no hurdles of usage with the size of your hands. These pruners are easy to use and thus do not cause blisters or any type of pain on your wrist or hands. It has a spring closure system which makes it easy to maintain. The sturdy design of the tool also makes it perfect for tough jobs. It comes with built-in sap grooves that make it nonsticky and clean while in use. The Planted Perfect Pruning Shears are long-lasting and durable. It is easy to maintain them, and thus they qualify for our list of best hand pruning shears. Here are some striking features of this product:
- The pruner is made to perform toughest of the gardening jobs and cuts and trims with precision every time you use it.
- The blades are sturdy with sharp edges. It barely needs sharpening and can be used for years without honing the blades.
- The garden clippers are made of high carbon steel which enables it long and rusts free life.
- The covering on the handles makes it easy to use and tightens your grip on the tool while cutting thick branches.
- The latch is built perfectly to keep the pruner closed while not in use and thus adding to its safety quotient.
- Dimensions: 8 inches x .5 inches x 2 inches
- Weight: 10.4 Ounce
- Guarantee: Manufacturer offers 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Traditional Bypass Pruning Shears Titanium & Teflon Coated Blades –
A tool that is unique in functionality as well as in appearance, the Best Garden Clippers – Titanium & Teflon Coated Blades – Traditional Bypass Pruning Shears are simply incredible. They have titanium coating on the blades which makes them sharp and offers precision in the cutting job. This product is for great use to gardeners as well as a florist as it enables cutting delicate to sturdiest surfaces with great ease. Even if you use it on heavy surfaces, the blades are less likely to chirp or flatten. You can cut up to ¾ inch diameter things from this tool. It also has smart clippers that avoid sap accumulation and also sheds off the debris, keeping the pruner clean and ready to use always. The lightweight pruner is best for use as it does not exert much pressure on your palms or wrists. With this amazing tools say bye to blisters forever. Here are some key features of the best hand pruning shears:
- The pruner blades are sharp and last long without frequent sharpening.
- The blades are hardened and made of middle carbon that is further Titanium coated to add strength for your heavier jobs.
- This product is blessed with an auto-rotating handle that makes it comfortable to use and minimizes the exertion on wrists and hands.
- The lightweight aluminum frame adds stars to its design and makes it one striking hand pruning shears.
- Dimensions: 8.5 inches x 2.5 inches x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 9.6 Ounce
- Guarantee: Manufacturer offers 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Different Types of Hand Pruning Shears
Pruning is an important aspect of gardening and to ensure that you master this art you must know about the different types of hand pruning shears available in the market. Hand pruning shears date back to 1800s and are since then being employed in effective gardening. They are also used in Japanese Bonsai gardening as it has frequent requirement of trimming and cutting. However, if you are new to gardening or do not know much about the many pruners available in the market, we must say that you are lacking behind. It is important that you know the different type of hand pruning shears. So, here we present you some in-depth knowledge about the types of pruners and their usage:
- Bypass Pruners: –The bypass pruners or bypass hand pruning shears are the most widely used pruners. They are made of two sharp blades that pass each other while cutting. The cut thus is clean and precise. Both the blades are sharp and exert equal pressure while cutting. The blades are placed one over the other and pass through each other every time you cut any surface. This type of hand pruning shears is best for cutting thick stems or branches. However, they are equally effective for cutting twigs and delicate veins.
- Anvil Pruners:- In Anvil Pruners there is a thick, sharp blade that rests over a flat surface as it cuts. It can be compared to the action of the chopper and the chopping board that we use in our kitchens. They are sturdier and trick to use in comparison to the Bypass hand pruning shears. They weigh more, and one has to exert more force to cut through simple surfaces. The cut offered are also not perfect as the flat surface usually crushes the wood while cutting. The experts recommend them to be used on dead woods and not more on lively plants.
- Ratchet Pruners:- These are the latest development in the hand pruning shears market. They are effective and easy to use. As you use these pruners, they latch on the surface. This gives you a chance to release the pressure and cut again with force to have a precise cut. These Pruners are user-friendly and do not exert any type of pain or stress on your wrists and hands. Even people with arthritis of joint pains find this type of hand pruning shears easy to use.
These are the three common types of best pruning shears available in the market. The experts recommend using bypass pruners over anvil or ratchet pruners as they are more effective and user-friendly.
To conclude we recommend buying the best hand pruning shear to all. No matter you are a beginner or pro, owning effective hand pruners is essential for all. However, while buying a good hand pruner, you must assure its user-friendliness as not all are made to help you out. The brand name associated with the pruner and its features also affect your buying decision. Although the present era the best pruning shears come with technically advanced features, it is important that you know each and every aspect of them before closing any deal.
My Tools Gallery team have extended you a list of top 5 best hand pruning tools which will help you narrow down your search and have your hands on the best gear. These best pruning shears are aptly priced and approved by the users for effective use and results. Buy one of them right now and give you gardens a whole new look that is clean as well as striking.