Soldering Iron is a marvelous tool that lends you a great help while you are repairing electronics, circuit boards, jewelry pieces, any musical instruments like guitar or piano, etc. The ultimate remedy that a soldering iron offers are connecting two surfaces together to help you make a joint. The heat produced by the best Soldering iron melts the solder which enters the cavity; filling it and making two surfaces join together to stability. The entire setup of a soldering iron entails a rod with a metal tip on an insulated handle that is heated either by combustion, gas or electricity to melt the solder.
Seeking the effectiveness of the Soldering Iron, its use in many repairs and workshop jobs have raised rapidly with time. It has now become an inseparable tool of repair works. One can utilize its excellence for both commercials as well as domestic chores. With impeccable results and optimum use for DIYers and tradesmen alike, Soldering Iron qualifies to be a must have tool. To help you in finding the best Soldering Iron here we present you our top five picks. Read the user experiences of the products and grab the most reliable item:
Best Soldering Iron 2017
Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V-Adjustable Temperature Welding Soldering Iron with Tool Carry Case
If you are looking for perfection in your soldering jobs, then your search ends at Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V-Adjustable Temperature Welding Soldering Iron. Equipped with the latest technology, the iron is made to deliver perfection. It offers the best heat dissipation that makes the soldering job swift and quicker. The design and the technology used for making this soldering iron deliver ease and comfort of use. The package comes with a carry case that entails Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V, desoldering pumps, 5 soldering tips, stand & cleaning sponge & solder. Here are the unique features of the Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V:
• The Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V operats on 60 watts and is loaded with the new upgraded PCBA that heats up quickly to make soldering a quick job.
• With Chip Fixed resistor, the Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V offers you ease to adjust the temperature as per your needs.
• The thermostat range of the iron is 200-400 degree Centigrade for you to choose the right temperature.nge. The tips are from broad to superfine tip.
• The Iron comes with 5 pcs interchangeable tips that are perfect for soldering jobs of varied r
• A complete set of tools that assess you in your soldering tasks to perfection the Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V pack comes with solder tips, solder, stand and cleaning sponge, desoldering pumps, and the best soldering Iron, Tabiger Soldering Iron 60W 110V.
• Product Power: 60W
• Work Voltage: 110 V
• Temperature Range: 200-400 degrees
• Solder composition: 60 percent tin, 2.0 percent flux,
• Machine dimension: 0.8 mm diameter
• Weight: 0.71 ounce
• With Chip Fixed resistor the iron heats up real quickly, and there are no weird fumes of burning wire or any other chemical.
• The range of soldering tip makes every task perfect. You can even solder a tin and a plastic bottle with this soldering machine.
• The stand comes handy in between the tasks when you do not want to place your hot iron on any surface.
• The machine does not show any sign of readiness. It should turn up green when hot.
• The temperature numbers printed on the Iron are super small and tough to read at times.
Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit
Crafted for perfection and impeccable soldering, the Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit is the best buy. If you love plain surfaces or need any repair assistance no matter big or the minutest, the Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit is designed especially for all such tasks. Unlike the market presence, the soldering iron is made using chip fixed resistor that helps it heat up fast and optimum. With the handy design of the machine, you do not need to install a whole soldering station. Wherever you need soldering, just plug in and work like a pro. In fact, you do not need to be a master of soldering to use Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit, thanks to its simple functionality made for easy use by DIYers. The striking features of Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit includes:
• Premium Heat Dissipation Efficiency supported by high-grade steel pipe design for easy execution accentuates the efficiency of the iron.
• Chip Fixed resistor for quick heat up and equipped with upgraded PCBA, the soldering iron makes perfect finishes.
• The Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron Kit is packed with 5 different sized soldering tip that makes it effective for all types of soldering job ranging from broad to super fine.
• User-friendly interface, no soldering station required, you may just plug in the iron and get set go.
• A superior thermostat that ranges from 200 degrees to 450 degrees offers you the optimum temperature for big and small soldering projects.
• Length: 7.0 Inches
• Operating Voltage: 110 V
• Internal Power: 60 watt
• Package includes Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron, Soldering Tips- 5 pcs, soldering stand, Pocket Pack Solder with dimensions: 60/40 0.031 0.71 oz. Tube, anti-static tweezers, and a Desoldering Pump.
• The iron is perfectly crafted for both tradesmen and DIYers. Hence, you do not need to know too much technical aspect of soldering before you try your hands on it with Vastar Full Set 60W 110V Soldering Iron.
• No soldering station requires it can be used at any mobile place.
• Optimally priced, the soldering iron best justifies its price with impeccable user experiences.
• The machine is advertised as grounded soldering iron, but actually, it isn’t. It has a two conductor plug and isn’t polarized, hence, cannot be grounded.
Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
A compact soldering station that you can take along to places to solder and repair your needs, Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station is an immediate grab. It has a stand installed within the stand that helps you keep the soldering iron handy when hot. The Iron-platted copper tip accentuates its efficiency and lessens the time required for soldering. The light-weight pencil rod offers you comfort and saves you from the fatigue of the tiring job. Easy to use by a pro and a beginner the Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station qualifies in the list of best soldering iron in the market. Here are the specific features of this great soldering iron:
• The iron has a superior, light-weighted pencil iron that has ST3 iron-plated copper tip. This helps in easy heat up and effectiveness of the work.
• The pencil iron has a foam grip that makes it comfortable to hold and use.
• Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station offers you the power control option through a knob.
• The workstation has an inbuilt stand to offer you ease of work.
• Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 6.3 x 3.8 inches
• Product weight: 1.9 pounds
• Operating Voltage: 110 V
• Internal Power: 40 watt
• You can replace the heating element as and when it rots out without the need of buying a new one.
• The Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station has a “power on” indicator light that shows the heat status of the iron for both effective use and safety while use.
• Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station is UL-listed. Hence it is approved to be the safest and the best soldering Iron.
• Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station comes with a screwdriver tips hence it is not the best for broad tasks. However, you can always buy different tips separately.
Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit
The one kit that fulfills all your soldering requirements is Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit. Proved to be the best soldering iron for electronics, this soldering Iron is befitted for both pro and beginners. Packed to deliver perfection to your repairs and soldering needs, the Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit comes in a case that stores all the parts in a well-managed way. Whether you have a broken computer, distorted jewelry or an RC or amp, the best soldering iron, Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit offers you matchless results. The soldering iron comes with the assurance of durability and quality and is one must have the tool in your toolbox. Here are some unique features of Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit:
• The soldering iron has an adjustable Temp Iron rod that is usually greater than most of the machines that operate on 60 watts.
• The iron offers you a great thermostat range with temperature ranging between 200-500 degrees.
• Whatnot Widgets 12 Piece Electronic Soldering Iron Kit heats up fast and is proven to be the best soldering iron for electronics.
• The components of this soldering iron meet high-quality standards and are tested for their efficiency.
• Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 9.6 x 2.8 inches
• Weight: 3.2 pounds
• Power: 30-50 Watts
• Kit Includes:
1. Electronic Soldering Iron with 30-50 Watt internal power, thermostat range up to 900+ degrees F that is (200˚ to 500˚ C) capacity 110 Volt with 2 Prong Corded Electric and a Clear Plastic Handle
2. 3 types of tips: Conical shaped, Bevel (Hoof), Chisel Tip
3. A Helping Hands that has 2 alligator clips and 2X magnifying ability
4. Desoldering Pump with Gold Aluminum Tube and a Teflon Nozzle
5. 2mm X 1.5M sized Desolder Wire
6. Solder Wire Pen & 1mm Rosin Core Solder that is composed of 15g 60% SN (tin) 40% PB (lead) 2.2% Flux
7. An Iron Stand
8. Brass Tip Cleaner for longevity
9. Cleaner Holder to keep the cleaner safe
10. Carry Case made of Hard Plastic
• The kit comes with 11 incredible parts that make it a complete package for taking up any soldering project on the professional or DIY basis.
• The iron is capable of delivering extremely high temperatures that are way more than what most of the 60 watts soldering irons offer. The temperature can go up to 900 degrees.
• No indicator to show that the iron is hot enough for use.
• At first time use, the soldering iron gives a stench for 5-10 minutes which resembles the smell of burning plastic.
Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station:
If the word analog made you thing that this would be a soldering iron from your grandpa’s age you are mistaken, my dear. The machine is an incredible tool to offer you matchless soldering results. The analog technology offer you better control on all the functionality from use to temperature to soldering results. The machine comprises of a soldering pencil, stand, and a sponge to clear. The ability to work on user-friendly basis makes this iron the best soldering iron for beginners as well as for tradesmen. The temperature control feature offers the user ultimate control over the job for precise results. No matter you use it for one-off projects or for continuous production projects, it is the best soldering iron for all your requirements. Here are some unique features of Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station:
• The soldering station has electronic temperature control that offers better and precise control. The temperature can be set anywhere between 350 to 850 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station has an innovative inbuilt heater and sensor combination that enable the machine heat up fast and recollect the lost temperature within seconds amid the soldering job.
• The soldering pencil is made of durable Nichrome-wound stainless steel heating element. This offers the pencil durability and longevity.
• The Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station is made aligned with high safety and quality standards to make your soldering time good and easy.
• Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 8.8 x 4.2 inches
• Product Weight: 4 pounds
• Warranty: 1 year
• Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station has a wireless lockout system that restricts you from raising the temperature beyond the optimum level of use for any specific material.
• After 99 minutes of inactivity, the station automatically turns off the pencil to avoid any accident.
• The Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station has an easy to understand LED that helps the user to find out the user state of the machine.
• The machine appears very simple which at times over-writes the incredible effects it has to deliver.
Key factors to consider while buying a soldering Iron:
Soldering Iron is a hand-held tool that is used for soldering things to perfection. It has come a long way since its inception and today appears to be a one point solution to repairing electronics, machines, jewelry, boards and amps. The market is full of different types of soldering irons that are categorized on the basis of their shape and size and the unique feature they present. However, if you are considering buying a soldering iron, it is important to separate the wheat from the chaff. The primary thing to keep in mind while buying a soldering iron is its use for your specific project. Here are the four primary factors that one must consider while buying the best Soldering Iron:
One of the most important factors of a soldering Iron, wattage decides on which power does the iron operates. Usually soldering iron ranges between 20-60 watts. However, the most commonly available and probably the best soldering iron are 50 watts, which generates optimum heat for your soldering needs. The higher the wattage, the better powers your soldering iron will have. It becomes a must to check on the wattage before you close the deal.
While soldering any surface, you need to take care of the heat generated by your soldering iron and its effect on the very surface. You cannot operate at constant heat on different surfaces. While iron would need high heat, the plastc surface can be soldered on low heat. The best soldering irons today come with adjustable temperature control. It is usually an automated feature that sets according to the surface you choose to work upon. However, there are many other machines available in the market that come with manual temperature control.
Type of Soldering Iron:
The type of soldering iron is yet another critical feature to check while making the buying decision. You can buy cord soldering iron, cordless soldering iron, compact soldering iron with a station, extended soldering iron, analog soldering iron and automatic soldering iron, etc. The choice depends on your needs, what project are you going to work upon and are you a DIYer or a tradesmen. Buying, a soldering iron that represents the latest technology and advancement is the most effective way to make the decision of buying the best soldering iron.
Tip Size and shape:
The different soldering machines come with different tip sizes and shapes. The shape and size decide what task can be taken up with the soldering machine. From super fine to broad, the soldering tip shape and size is made best to meet your soldering needs.
Today mostly all the soldering irons come with additional and interchangeable soldering tips. You can choose the tip size and shape, and change is as per the project requirements. It is always better to choose the soldering iron that offers some soldering tips along with the package itself.
With so many gadgets and appliance at home, we face the occasional breakdown of many of them. While some can be mended at home, others need professional repair. No matter what may be the case, only one thing that comes to the rescue is a soldering Iron. From minor faults to major repairs, the best soldering iron helps you gain perfection back again. Having a soldering iron in your toolkit is as must as having gear box in the car. Without soldering iron, you won’t be able to get the best repair results.
Use the tips and review stated in the article to find the best soldering iron for your use and have a handy repair option by your side. With many options available one can easily get confused in making the right buying decision. But, with this review article, the things are made easy.
So, make the job easy and pick up the best soldering iron as per your needs. We recommend you checking the thorough detail before you make the final decision.